The College Board Advocacy & Policy Center Affinity Network creates connections between K–12 districts and postsecondary education systems to focus on pressing educational challenges and innovative solutions to facilitate student success.
One issue. One cohort. One year.
- The Network tackles one critical issue each year, offering a solutions-oriented incubator designed to foster cross-sector collaboration.
- Network issues are those most effectively addressed when schools and colleges work together in new ways to enact systemic solutions.
- Participants in the Network’s intensive, year-long partnerships are over 100 educators from a nationally representative group of 15 College Board Member institutions.
- Network participants receive extensive support and hands-on technical assistance as well as access to the most current research, latest policy developments, and to a panel of national experts comprising the Affinity Network Advisory Committee.
- Guiding questions for the Affinity Network’s inaugural partners are as follows:
How might Common Core State Standards adoption result in changes/shifts in the alignment of high school exit and postsecondary entrance expectations, and what supports are required to facilitate this alignment?
How might Common Core State Standards adoption impact the design of remedial education?