- College Readiness & Access
- Affordability & Financial Aid
- College Admission & Completion
- Affinity Network
- Get Involved
Live Webcast: Launch of College Completion Agenda: Latino Edition
DateFriday, September 30, 2011 - 10:30am - 12:00pm
Watch a live webcast of a dynamic discussion with Gaston Caperton, president of the College Board; Eduardo Padrón, president of Miami Dade College; and Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida, on the biggest educational challenges and opportunities facing the Latino community in Florida and throughout the country.
At the event, the College Board Advocacy & Policy Center, in collaboration with the National Council of La Raza andExcelencia in Education, will launch the College Completion Agenda: Latino Edition, a new resource with the latest P–20 data and effective policies for the nation and the state.
Co-hosted by President Caperton and President Padrón, the program will highlight local and national efforts that lead to better college preparation, access and attainment for Latino students.
>> View an archive of the live webcast
Please note the page content will not go live until September 30th. Mark the event on your calendar and be a part of this national launch.
- Gaston Caperton, President of the College Board, Former Governor of West Virginia
- Eduardo Padrón, President of Miami Dade College and Chair of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans
- Jeb Bush, Chairman of the Board and President of the Foundation for Excellence in Education, Former Governor of Florida
- Frank T. Brogan , Chancellor, State University System of Florida
- Alberto M. Carvalho, Superintendent, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Richard Duran, Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Anitere Flores, State Senator, Florida
- Erik Fresen, State Representative, Florida
- Alberto Ibargüen (Moderator), President and CEO of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Jorge A. Plasencia, Chairman and CEO, República and Vice Chair, Board of Directors, National Council of La Raza
- Deborah Santiago, Vice President, Excelencia in Education
- Christopher Starratt, Vice President for Mission and Institutional Effectiveness, Barry University
Stay tuned to learn more about the new resources that the College Board Advocacy & Policy Center will release on September 30.
The State Capitals Campaign is a yearlong, multistate campaign to mobilize the nation to significantly increase the proportion of Americans who hold a postsecondary degree by 2025.